As you know, last week the President provided guidelines on opening up the economy in three phases, and governors across the country are making plans now for their states. While we don’t know exactly when that will happen for us yet, we do know it is coming soon, and you want to be ready for it.
We know some businesses have had it much worse than others. And we know that most of your plans headed into 2020 are now out the window, but as businesses start to fire up, and people start to go back to work, your products and services are going to be in demand.
How you take advantage of that pent-up demand is going to be important, and marketing will play a major role in getting you ready.
Now is the time to start
Any effective digital marketing plan starts with a solid foundation, your company’s website. It’s critical that your website is well designed, has the right message, looks great on mobile devices, and is built to convert visitors to leads. If not, your website will be like a leaky bucket trying to hold water.
A website redesign project can take a few weeks from start to finish, so if your website isn’t up to par, we highly recommend starting there.
And with the “new normal” that will take place as a result of COVID-19, you may have to rethink some ways that you used to approach business, including:
- Adding way for people to purchase online, such as a shopping cart or ordering system
- Including more video to help tell your story in a compelling way
- Incorporating a chat feature to provide a convenient way for visitors to message you
- Building an online sales funnel to help capture more leads and nurture them to become customers
We also know that during this time, people are spending an unprecedented amount of time online, so it’s more important than ever to:
- Communicate how you are doing business during (and after) COVID-19
- Claim and optimize your Google My Business listing, update your hours, and work on getting new reviews
- Ensure your website is optimized for your most important keywords
- Publish new content, especially blog posts, on a regular basis
- Post frequently on social media and engage with your audience on a personal level
- Provide helpful content via Facebook Live or through webinars
- Build your email list/database by offering new lead magnets
- Create paid ad campaigns to target your ideal customers online with appropriate offers and messaging
All of these are parts of an effective overall digital marketing plan that, if you put in place now, will yield results for you as the economy opens back up and a sense of normalcy returns.
So instead of waiting until the government gives the all-clear sign, prepare now so that you will be in a stronger position when it does.
How we can help
We would like to help talk through your specific situation and provide recommendations that can help your business prepare. Contact us to set up a time today or call Lisa Micheels at (336) 310-9690 or email [email protected].